Wednesday 23 July 2014

Indigo Lightly


I first came across the term "Indigo" back in 2007 when all this spiritual stuff burst into my life.  I took a look at it, like I did with a lot of things back then, but never concerned myself anymore with it.  Anything that felt restrictive or labelling in some way I didn't want to know about at that time - I was going straight to the root.

Recently the blog page below came my way and I had to acknowledge there seems to be something to this Indigo thing. 

How To Tell If You Are Indigo

Whether I like it or not, I could see a lot of myself and Kate in the descriptions above.  I've since read a bit more on Indigo's and one thing that comes up frequently is that they are here to break down the System. 

"Indigos have a warrior spirit, because their collective purpose is to mash down old systems that no longer serve us. They are here to quash government, educational, and legal systems that lack integrity. To accomplish this end, they need tempers and fiery determination."

My natural tendency is to stay away from words and ideas like 'missions' because it is all too often misinterpreted.  The way I see it, its more like once you know what you're not, and the things everyone else settles for have fallen away, whatever is left burning in you appears to be your mission or destiny on this planet.  Its almost like you only exist for that.

There seems to have always been some force in my life steering me in this direction but its never been an easy ride because the world is so unconscious you face a lot of opposition.  Just at the point where I was considering university like all my friends, I abruptly left school when they tried to force me to take subjects I didn't want to in my final year.  I remember a strong feeling just arose in me very spontaneously - "yep, I've had enough of education now".  I then got a job in a private bank through the career's office.  I lasted 3 months before this "mystery virus" (as the doctors called it) struck me down over the following year.  I was off work more than I was there by the time I decided to quit.  Everytime I tried to go back into work after that this force seemed to push me out again one way or another.

It became clear that Music was the expression this force wanted to take through me but even there, I was not able to fit myself into the mould.  Each time I tried something down the conventional paths opportunities would either fall through or I'd feel so uncomfortable I'd have to walk away myself.

Its like Bob Marley sings in "Jammin'" - "God knows how much I've tried the truth I cannot hide to keep you satisfied".  I understand exactly what he means.  When this force is the guiding principle of your life, no matter how hard you try to fit yourself into the system, it won't allow you. 

You don't CHOOSE to be an Indigo or a Rasta, you RECOGNISE you are one along the way.

This is not to say you are special.  The truth is everyone has this inside them - what we sing and write about - but it also has to be acknowledged that most don't recognise it.  So in that sense, I can go along with this Indigo concept and accept there is a distinction but deep down I know its the same thing in us all and this is what we try to get across in this Music.

I read somewhere - Indigo's lead with a machete, cutting down anything that lacks integrity for the others to follow into a safer, more secure world.  That means there has to be a kind of toughness, but its not an adopted thing, it seems to develop itself as part of the destiny.  You are shaped and moulded by the circumstances and path you find yourself on.  Its like Bob Marley once said... "my heart can be hard as a stone, and yet soft as water".  The conditions around you in any given moment will determine what is necessary.