Friday 1 August 2014

7 Up!


The day Kate and I left Berlin in January 2011 we spotted some graffiti saying "I love you 7Up".  We immediately recognised it as a sign on the journey.  The night before we had both felt incredible energy and love come through us for Berlin as we lay in bed.  I went into one of my states where insights and information is 'downloaded'.  What came strongly was that we would return to Berlin one day and the Music would really begin to take off, as if Berlin was being recognised as one of the major centres of this Music.  I wrote about this on the "Spitting Out The Shit" blog at the time.

While in Budapest this year, in an apartment where Kate's parents were staying, they pointed out to me a lampshade with "7"s engraved in it.  I had already had a few signs to back up the feeling to come to Berlin, including spotting a van just in front of the taxi we were in at the traffic lights with "Berlingo" emblazened on its rear, and a pair of underpants in a shop window on the street of our apartment which had "Einfach Berlin" (Simply Berlin) written on them!  Somehow I knew this time in Berlin was what was being shown back in January 2011 as we left.  (We had returned to Berlin in November 2011 but there was no significance felt then).  So when I was shown the lampshade the first thing that went through my head was "7 Up"!

I returned to the graffiti in June this year to take a photo to use in the video of the song "Definitely Berlin".  On my return was now a rainbow painted on a nearby building.  This was not there in January 2011 or at least it wasn't visible to Kate and I.

The number 7 has been hugely significant throughout my life.  I don't know why.  I lived most of my childhood on the 7th floor of a block of flats.  I was 17 when I experienced the first indications of some sort of awakening, and this was also the age when I received my first guitar and Music entered my life.  For years around that time my favourite song was 'Distant Sun' by Crowded House which features the line "when your seven worlds collide".  My first artist name was Seven Worlds in homage to this.

In 2007, when I was 27 and my mother was 47, she died suddenly and quite mysteriously, just at the point where I'd come into contact with spiritual information.  Whatever had happened to me when I was 17 seemed to be a precursor to what was to take place 10 years later when reality as I knew it was turned upside down and the ground pulled from under my feet.  That year Kate and I were forced to move out of our rented flat and into another, which was number 17.

So many apartments we went on to stay in throughout Europe involved a number 7 and the dates 7th, 17th and 27th were often when significant things would happen on this journey.  So for Kate to leave the body 7 years after my mum, aged 34 (3+4=7), which I also am, had a certain inevitability to it.